Mountain bike Track Reconstruction
The Bushcare Services track crew are working together with Toowoomba Regional Councils’ Parks department, to develop a series of new tracks across the regions bushland parks.
Mount Peel, located on the south side of Toowoomba has recently been upgraded with Mountain Bike tracks and walking tracks developed by the Bushcare Services track crew.
We have constructed approximately 5,800 linear metres of new mountain bike tracks, ranging from ‘Green Circle’ (easy) rated, to the ‘Blue Square (Intermediate) grade. Many of the mountain bike track routes zig zag the hilly terrain, using switchbacks that allows for a diverse mountain biking experience. Tracks are now linked up with prominent viewing platforms and cover diverse natural habitats with outlooks over the surrounding district.
Scope of work
- 5.8 KM of new mountain bike track
- 1.9 KM of new and upgraded walking tracks
- Directional signage, entrance sign and marker posts to guide track users
- Construct a rock cairn at a hilltop picnic area
- Control of invasive bushland weed; Harrisa Cactus